"The classrooms are bright and cheerful and really celebrate the children. Over the last few years, my kids have always been well cared for by every single teacher they have encountered....more than I ever imagined."
— A Preschool Parent
Relationships are essential.
Our teachers, led by one of the city’s most respected child development specialists, work closely with families to appreciate and support each child’s unique approach to learning. Staff provides a nurturing environment that encourages peer interaction and helps children to feel safe and comfortable away from home.
• Classes for children 18 months through 5 years old.
• Qualified, experienced teachers with college-level preparation in Early Childhood
Education or Child Development.
• Small groups and teacher/child ratios enable individualized and age-appropriate
• Active parent involvement
• Weekly programs with music specialist and librarian
• Frequent interaction with our rabbis
We have a family-friendly environment.
Our facility is cheerful, bright, clean, secure, and child-friendly, with well thought-out spaces for young children and parents.
• Spacious accessible classrooms with abundant natural light
• Outdoor playground and indoor active play area for rainy days
• Sinks and bathroom fixtures in every room that are especially sized for young children
as well as a child-friendly kitchen
• Health and nutrition education through hands-on gardening in The Edible Garden
• Extensive library with a dedicated children’s room
• Parent Lounge open during preschool hours
• WiFi available for parents
• Ample free parking close to the entrance
Everyone’s welcome. Come join our family!
The nurturing environment within our preschool extends to the entire community and provides numerous opportunities for young children and adults to make friends and build connections. The school draws form the city’s university, cultural and medical communities. International families, interfaith families and children from other congregations or unaffiliated families throughout Pittsburgh are all welcome to enroll.
The preschool takes advantage of its synagogue setting through interaction with the rabbis, and full use of our site including the library, worship spaces, and gardens. While we acknowledge and respect the diversity of our children, the Rodef Shalom preschool emphasizes the Jewish values of family, community, and caring. Music, holiday celebrations, and learning simple blessings help children gain pride in the richness of the Jewish heritage and culture.